Infant Formula Manufacturer Enhances Its Ability to Capture and Retain Secure Historical Data
A historian collecting manufacturing data on highly critical infant formula is extremely vital for the safe and healthy future of our most prized possessions: babies. One of our clients wanted to replace their mostly manual “paper” data recording methods with a secure, validated and robust automatic data historian. Malisko was tasked with helping our client meet its expectations for such a data historian.
Provide a robust, secure and validated data historian to automatically collect Critical Control Points (CCPs) and other essential data from four different systems including a CIP skid, a process center, a filler, and packaging equipment.
- The four (4) systems consisted of different platforms of control and HMI.
- Configuring a Wonderware IDE Galaxy along with historical templates that suited each of the systems’ needs.
- Establishing a data format standard that could be applied to the different platforms.
- Getting the OEMs of each system to follow the standards set by MEI and Client.
- Designed, specified and created the following Wonderware IDE Galaxy data platform:
- Galaxy Repository IDE on 1 new VM
- Redundant Historians on 2 new VMs
- OI/DAS Connections to 5 PLCs
- Historian Client
- IDE Templates for data points
- IDE Objects from Templates
- Developed and executed Computer System Validation (CSV) documents for the data platform.
- Provided historical data templates that were extremely easy to drop into each OEMs systems for data historization.
500 N Broadway
St. Louis, MO 63102
Western Regional Office
4600 S Ulster Street
Denver, CO 80237
Northern Regional Office
3610 Oakwood Hills Parkway
Eau Claire, WI 54701